Swytch is a platform that incentivizes renewable energy production on a global scale.
Using blockchain technology, Swytch validates green energy production while simultaneously creating valuable forecasting data, resulting in a new economy around offsetting carbon emissions.
The Swytch mission is to accelerate a sustainable and equitable energy future.
Learn more about how Swytch works
The Swytch economy at a glance
- The Swytch platform connects to renewable energy devices around the world.
- An “oracle” leverages the Swytch network data, 3rd part data and advanced modeling to estimate relative environmental impact of each unit of energy and allocates Swytch tokens accordingly.
- The valuable historical and forecasting production data on the Swytch platform is accessed with Swytch tokens.
- Tokens can be generated by either producing renewable energy or trading with other token holders.
- A global economy with a standard currency is created, all based around offsetting carbon emissions.
Use cases include
- Corporate sustainability programs
- Environmentally conscious consumers
- Governmental entities, including “smart cities”
To achieve goals this big requires big partnerships
The Swytch team is partnering with organizations and vendors to bring both producers and consumers together within the Swytch network. To date, the lineup of partnerships includes well known players in the energy and infrastructure space as well as well-respected technology firms. This list includes:
- Atonomi – Edge level IOT device security and identity
- Bancor – Smart contract design Network Token Protocol
- Berkshire Cloud Evident Proof Platform – POP blockchain design and implementation
- Black & Veatch – Technology and “oracle” allocation model developer
- BTC Labs – CoinCart and blockchain smart contracts
- Energy Web Foundation – Technology and network building
- E2M – Pilot partner
- HST Solar – Estimator design and data inputs
- nDimensional – Machine learning/”oracle” allocation evolution
- Winjit – Mobile app and smart contract support
Swytch aims to be the platform through which smarter sustainable actions are identified and incentivized.
- Token Name: Swytch
- Abbreviation: SET
- Token Issuer: Token Commons Foundation
- Token Type: ERC20
- Token Sale Total: 365M total distribution (~55% available for sale)
- Max Supply: 3.65B through 2040
- Token Price: $0.50 USD for public sale
- TGE Hard Cap: $60M
Token Sale details
The total maximum supply of Swytch Tokens will be limited to 3.65 billion tokens to be generated through 2040. Token incentive awards are dynamically calculated based off of total worldwide demand of energy of 36.5 trillion KWh by 2040. Supply is capped to prevent an unlimited/infinite supply from being generated over the next 22 years.
- Evan Caron – Cofounder and Managing Director
- John Redpath – Cofounder
- John Clippinger – Cofounder and Head of Token Innovation
- Andrew Pearsons – Managing Director
- Youngsook Park – VP of Business Development
- Eric Miller – Director of Product and Lead Blockchain Developer
- Troy Martin – Director of Compliance and Governance
- Shawn Harmsen – Senior Back-End Developer
- Chris Griffith – Senior Back-End Developer
- Luke Filipos – Senior Front-End Developer
- Galia Benartzi – Cofounder, Bancor
- Charlie Firestone – Aspen Institute
- Brad Hardin – CTO, Black & Veatch
- Thomas Hardjono – Technical Director, MIT Internet/Trust Consortium
- Peter Hirshberg – Cofounder & Chairman, Maker City
- Steve Jurvetson – Venture capitalist and green energy advocate
- Marcia Kadanoff – Cofounder & CEO, Maker City
- Kent Larson – Director, MIT Media Lab City Science/CityScope Project
- Curt Lefebvre – CEO, nDimensional
- Mickey McManus – Senior Advisor, Boston Consulting Group, Autodesk Fellow
- Tony Seba – Stanford University, Solar disruption and Innovation Advisor
Swytch offers major benefits over existing incentive programs:
The Swytch Platform Roadmap
- Mobile and web apps ready for launch on day 1
- Develop first version of POP protocol with evidence based proofs
- Validate and secure data flow from assets to oracle
- Develop Engineering principles model for pilot market
- Build “off the shelf” POP protocol for commercial-scale producers
- Layer in machine learning and AI into oracle
- Incorporate multiple models across NA, Europe and Asian Markets
- Trusted IOT devices from the consensus layer for POP Protocol
- Self-improving oracle with added complexity and functionality
- Global and regional models competing within the oracle